The Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) is a transformative law that will ultimately lead the American health care system away from a fee-for-service model and towards a new risk-bearing, value-based, coordinated care models. MACRA will drive payment and delivery reform across the payer mix for the foreseeable future in an attempt to lessen the overall burden of ever-climbing healthcare costs in the US.
Anyone who bills Medicare Part B for more than $30,000 or sees more than 100 Medicare Part B patients must participate in MIPS/MACRA. Eligible Clinicians include: MD, DO, NP, PA, CNS, CRNA.
Kentucky Regional Extension Center has launched a FREE MACRA Overview Module. One hour of CME credit (AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™) is available.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Review the changes in health care reporting and reimbursements brought about by MACRA legislation
- Describe what is needed to prepare for 2017 reporting including tips and tricks for MU and PQRS
- Discuss how to organize your practice for MU, PQRS, and MACRA success
- Cite the top HIPAA threats and success strategies for practices
- Identify what is needed to prepare for practice transformation