The QPP Resource Center for CMS designated small practices (fewer than 15 clinicians) now offers a Qualified Registry to users of the Resource Center Portal. Eligible clinicians can use MIPScast® Qualified Registry to submit their data to CMS.
Read through the 2019 Participation Guide for an overview, explanation, and reasons to consider using MIPScast® as a Qualified Registry for reporting to CMS. It also includes registration steps, how to access the necessary consent forms through the portal, and important dates to keep in mind.
Reasons to Consider Using MIPScast® QR for Reporting to CMS:
You may want to use the MIPScast® QR reporting option simply for the convenience of having a trusted partner do the submission work for you, and skip HARP account access requests and connecting to providers to submit data. Perhaps you want the confidence of knowing your data has been reviewed to check for completeness, catch potential validation issues earlier, and that it includes any available reporting options/bonuses that can boost your total score.
Many clinicians are still without the functionality and updated reports from their EHR technology to get the performance data they need for eCQMs and Promoting Interoperability measures. Some will need an alternative to reporting eCQMs from the EHR due to vendor issues including:
- Vendor having difficulty attaining 2015 certification or using de-certified EHR technology
- Unable to upgrade and implement 2015 technology in a timely manner due to vendor issues or delays
- Reporting/data issues (e.g. limited eCQM availability, invalid QRDA 3 reports, inability to produce group-level aggregated reports)
- Having to acquire and implement additional 3rd party technology to support your functional needs and reporting requirements
- Cost barriers (e.g. additional costs for eCQM report access, eCQM access bundled with costly data submission services)
- Difficult eCQM workflows, system configuration, and clinical documentation requirements leading to low performance results
Claims-based reporting for the Quality Performance Category is one alternative, but you have to submit Quality Data Codes (aka “G-codes”) on your Medicare claims throughout the 12-month performance period to get credit. Another alternative is to report through a QR such as MIPScast® , which provides the option to report MIPS CQMs (formerly referred to as “Registry measures”) which can only be collected and submitted by QRs and QCDRs.
Contact the experts at Kentucky REC for all your QPP, MIPS, and APM questions. We’re here to help: 859-323-3090.