Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid – 2022 Kentucky Health Information Exchange Grant
In collaboration with the Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE), Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Medicaid (Anthem) is offering participating Anthem providers the opportunity to apply for a grant to help offset the costs associated with connecting to KHIE.
Applicants must be:
- Located in the state of Kentucky
- Have an active Kentucky Medicaid ID number
- Have a signed Participation Agreement with KHIE
- Be a participating provider with Anthem
If approved, providers may be awarded up to $5,000, and hospitals may be awarded up to $10,000. Grants will be awarded on a first come first serve basis until all grant funds up to $200,000 are depleted. Incomplete applications will not be considered, and only one grant will be awarded per tax identification number and/or business entity.
If interested, please complete the application in its entirety, attach a completed W9 Form, and email both documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with Anthem 2022 KHIE Grant Application in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted through December 30, 2022.
If you need any assistance completing this application, please contact your Provider Experience consultant at 800-205-5870, option 3 or email https://www.anthem.com/provider/contact-us/email-form
The application can be found HERE.
Contact us at Kentucky REC with your questions. We’re here to help and are available at 859-323-3090.
NCQA has recently evaluated their Patient Centered Medical Home and Specialty Practice recognition programs. After the review, they are making some significant changes to both programs, as shared below:
- Beginning in 2024, PCMH and PCSP practices will be required to use an electronic health record (EHR).
- Beginning in 2024, standardized measures will be required for PCMH (reporting period 1.1.23 – 12.31.23).
- Some standardized measures may pose challenges to some, so NCQA will allow organizations to submit a request for custom measure(s).
- Organizations will also be allowed to submit a request for exceptions to calendar year reporting on a case-by-case basis.
Contact us at Kentucky REC with your questions about practice transformation. Our team of experts is here to help: 859-323-3090.
As part of the Healthy Kentucky Behavioral Health Community of Practice, multiple sessions of Mental Health First Aid training will be offered for free with dates from January through April 2023.
Adult MHFA Flier
HERE is a flyer about Mental Health First Aid.
HERE is a flyer focused on Mental Health First Aid for Adults.
Interested in joining the Healthy Kentucky Behavioral Health Community of Practice? HERE is the Resource Page.
Questions about Mental Health First Aid or the Behavioral Health Community of Practice? Contact us at Kentucky REC or 859-323-3090.
Kentucky REC, in partnership with the Kentucky Department of Public Health, is working with practices statewide on improving health and outcomes for patients with prediabetes or diabetes.
PREDIABETES LEARNING COLLABORATIVE
JANUARY 1, 2023 — DEC 31, 2023
- Receive monthly technical assistance, group monthly calls and quarterly webinars, with monthly reporting
- Educate patients on diabetes prevention, refer interested patients to National Diabetes Prevention Program classes
- Conduct small tests of change using quality improvement methodology
- Financial Support: Receive $1500 quarterly practice payments
DIABETES LEARNING COLLABORATIVE 3
JANUARY 1, 2023 — DEC 31, 2023
- Open to any practices, FQHCs or RHCs and Healthy Living with Diabetes teams
- Attend three learning sessions, and monthly educational webinars
- Do small tests of change (PDSA cycles) to improve outcomes for adult patients diagnosed with diabetes
- Report monthly, attend summative congress
- Receive 4 practice payments of $1,500
HERE is a flyer with all the grant opportunities listed.
HERE is the application for the Prediabetes Learning Collaborative.
HERE is the application for the Diabetes Learning Collaborative.
Contact us at Kentucky REC or 859-323-3090 to learn more.