The Kentucky REC recently hosted a webinar discussing the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) for Year 3 of the Quality Payment Program. The NPRM is available for public comment until 5 p.m. ET on September 10th, 2018. The NPRM features several potential changes that will affect clinicians and practices in the 2019 reporting year.
Major highlights of the proposed changes for Year 3 include:
- Quality Performance Category weighting reduction from 50% to 45%
- Cost Performance Category weight increase from 10% to 15%
- Promoting Interoperability (formerly ACI) Performance Category restructure:
- Removal of Base, Performance, and Bonus scoring
- Implementation of a more straight-forward scoring approach that primarily employs a Performance-based methodology
- Eligibility expansion to PT, OT, CSW, & Clinical Psychologist
- Modifications to scoring thresholds by raising the bar to a minimum total combined score of 30 points or higher to avoid negative payment adjustment and extension of the Exceptional Performance Category threshold to 80+
- Facility-based scoring is also back on the table for consideration in Year 3
- Advanced APMs would be required to have at least 75% of ECs using CEHRT to document and communicate clinical care with patients and other health professionals
- Upholding the requirement that all ECs must be on a 2015 CEHRT for 2019 Performance Year
KYREC experts created a NPRM fact sheet overview of the proposed changes. In case you missed our NPRM Webinar, listen here to the informative discussion regarding potential impacts these proposed changes could have on practices and providers across the Commonwealth and beyond.
Interested in making a comment about the NPRM to CMS? The only method to have your voice heard on how this program is shaped is through submitting a formal comment to CMS via the Federal Register. Click HERE for the NPRM and to submit a comment by 5 p.m ET on September 10th, 2018.
If you have more questions or would like additional information about The Quality Payment Program, MIPS or any of our other services, contact your expert advisors at Kentucky REC. We’re here to help! Call us at 859-323-3090.